Sunday, July 04, 2004

Independence Day

I'd like to take the opportunity of this 228th year of American independence to wish all Americans, and our many friends overseas who wish us well, a glorious 4th of July holiday.

America is once again at war, this time against a new enemy who is willing to murder anyone in the name of God, an enemy who is bent on achieving only one aim: the imposition of a theocratic regime on an unwilling peoples. Unlike the past, our new enemies come with new weapons in their arsenal…they attempt (and often succeed) in using the power of our own press to convince us that we are “evil” and deserving of the war imposed on us; they try to silence those who oppose them by the use of our own judiciary system against us; they demand special “rights” for themselves that they would deny others…and they march on our streets, insulting our great country…and what has our society done for them? We provide them with a willing phalanx of attorney’s, ever ready to defend them and their followers from any charges. Our largely sycophantic press is ever-ready to give them the press they don’t deserve, to elevate them, to show the world how “tolerant” and “understanding” they are…while suggesting that if only the peoples of the United States “understood” them more…why, we’d all get along just fine.

I have news for them: I don’t want to get along with them. I believe the majority of my fellow Americans aren’t interested in getting along either. The time for negotiation ended on September 11th, 2001…when we Americans saw the true face of militant Islam, up close and very personal. The tortured souls forced to choose between jumping to their certain deaths or being burned alive. In my worse nightmare, I cannot imagine ever being faced with such a choice and if I have my way, no other American will ever have to make that choice again. We Americans owe it to those who died to make it so. Let us never forget the awful vision of human beings jumping to their deaths…the planeload of hero’s who said “Let’s roll” and sacrificed themselves for what they must have known was a doomed effort: to stop their aircraft from becoming yet another missile used against their fellow citizens.

We have to face facts, we have been largely abandoned by our past friends and Europe is largely united in opposition to America. For daring to stand up and defend ourselves, we are vilified by those whom we thought of as allies. Can anyone doubt that if France or Germany had been attacked, that our country would have hesitated to send immediate support? No, if this had occurred, our people would have never asked, “What did you do to deserve the attack?”…our people would have asked, “What can we do to help?”…and the help would have been immediate and unconditional.

Many people who have written to ACAIR have asked why I fight this battle. I am only speaking for myself, not the other members of ACAIR. But one thing I do know for a fact: all of us love our country and have no desire to take the appeasement route in this war. As for me, I also lost a friend at the Pentagon. No, he wasn’t a close and personal friend, just one of the many people I knew from my Navy career. But I remember him because he was a good person terror-murdered simply for being…an American.

Some who have written ACAIR ask “can we win this war?” My answer now, as before, is “yes”. We will win. Why am I filled with confidence?

- When General Washington was camped at Valley Forge, he lost many troops who became disillusioned and went home. Yet, those brave soldiers who stayed went on to defeat a superior enemy in the dead of winter in the worse possible war fighting conditions. When I see the faces of our young troops (and they are young: average age is 19) in Iraq and Afghanistan, I see the same grim determination to tough it out…to get the job done. And who were, and are, these people? …Americans.

- In the immediate aftermath of the attacks on 9-11, I went to donate blood at the local mall. The line was literally out of the building, snaking into the parking lots. It was a very hot day, but nobody complained. No, there wasn’t much smiling going on, just a grim determination to give something to the victims. When later it was sadly announced that there wouldn’t be any need for the blood due to the lack of survivors, the line stayed. These folks could have said “we tried” and gone home. They didn’t. Ordinary folks, your neighbors and mine…stayed to fulfill their commitment to donate. What kind of people are these? Americans.

- When Europe largely abandoned us, our president carried out his plans to strike the enemy in his lair. He could have said to us that we didn’t have the support of the United Nations…that our “allies” in France and Germany had turned their backs on us…that maybe we should ask ourselves what we did to bring this upon America. He didn’t. He could have taken the easy way out, lobbed a few bombs, sent a few cruise missiles into enemy camps and given speeches about how angry he was. No, our president was faced with a new threat, a new terror confronting us and he knew that if an immediate, overwhelming response wasn’t carried out that our enemies would see this as weakness. With quiet determination, he spoke for the vast majority of Americans and sent off our troops to stop a fanatical enemy who doesn’t understand that we will not be subjugated, that we have no desire to live in a world where we are afraid of shadows.

From Europe, I ask: “What is your answer to terror?” From France, I ask, “Where is the spirit of Lafayette? Where is the great French fleet, carrying brave French soldiers coming to aid us in our time of need?” I pray that neither France nor Germany is ever attacked the way we were on 9-11, but if they are…I know we will be on the phone immediately, asking “what can we do to help?” How do I know? Because we are…Americans and it’s our way.

In closing, I’d like to thank those friends of mine who make up “team ACAIR”. Many of you don’t know that I have four friends who help in keeping the site up, and in putting out the “News & Analysis.” They prefer to stay out of the limelight (they could be your next-door neighbor) and to them I owe a lot…they kept me going through the early stages when I didn’t know if we were making an impact or not; they persuaded me to continue when CAIR first threatened their lawsuit against me…they could have folded their tents and turned their backs on me and they didn’t. I will always remember that and be grateful. To those who have taken the time to write and share your thoughts, I want to say “thank you”, you’ve made it all worthwhile. In your celebrations of this 228th Fourth of July, will you take a minute to remember all Americans, past and present, who have fought, and are fighting, for our freedoms?


God bless America,


Andrew Whitehead


29 Praise:

Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my plastic surgery los angeles blog

November 16, 2005 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
I hope you can look through my plastic surgery baltimore blog.

November 18, 2005 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
Jump into my plastic surgery san francisco blog.

November 18, 2005 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Please take a journey to my the las vegas center for plastic surgery blog.

November 19, 2005 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
Go and click my american board of plastic surgery blog.

November 19, 2005 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
Jump into my pre paid credit card blog.

November 19, 2005 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Hey playa! You need to check out my plastic surgery gone bad blog.

November 20, 2005 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your plastic surgery staten island blog.

November 20, 2005 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
Look into my credit card processing blog.

November 22, 2005 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
Check out the blog site with my plastic surgery statistics in it!

November 24, 2005 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
It may look like it was hard work, but my orange county plastic surgery blog was simple.

November 25, 2005 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
I want you to stop and compare with my priscilla presley plastic surgery blog.

November 26, 2005 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
I can't explain, but you need to check my ear plastic surgery blog!

November 26, 2005 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Please discover my plastic surgery blog.

November 27, 2005 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
Please consider looking at my plastic surgery illinois blog.

November 27, 2005 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Check out my plastic surgery baltimore blog, you won't be sorry!

November 29, 2005 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Please come by and see my vaginal plastic surgery blog.

November 29, 2005 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
Once you sign on, check for my plastic surgery breast implant blog.

December 1, 2005 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Once you sign on, check for my plastic surgery san francisco blog.

December 3, 2005 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Super blog. I enjoyed the site and when I have the
time, shall visit the site again. Finding blogs this
good on the internet.
I want you to look for my awful plastic surgery blog.

December 3, 2005 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Please discover my michael jackson plastic surgery blog.

December 7, 2005 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Sweetie, go and search my bad plastic surgery picture blog for what you need.

December 7, 2005 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
Hey son, you need to check out my blog!

December 7, 2005 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Please go over my plastic surgery kansas city blog.

December 12, 2005 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
Check out my liposuction plastic surgery blog, please!

December 12, 2005 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
Want to see top notch work, peep my plastic surgery before and after blog site for the bomb work!

December 14, 2005 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
Hey playa! You need to check out my plastic surgery before and after picture blog.

December 15, 2005 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
Stop by and look at my plastic surgery before and after blog site.

December 16, 2005 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning, a true friend said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Please proceed to my co colorado house cleaning blog when you find the time.

February 9, 2006 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home