Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Winning and Losing the War


Victor David Hanson
points out we won the military campaign abroad. He argues we lost the war in the hearts of men and women in civilized countries:

HOME FRONT

We are winning the military war in Iraq and Afghanistan. The terrorists are on the run. And slowly, even ineptly, we are achieving our political goals of democratic reform in once-awful places. Thirty years of genocide, vast forced transfers of whole peoples, the desecration of entire landscapes, a ruined infrastructure, and a brutalized and demoralized civilian psyche are being remedied, often under fire. All this and more has been achieved at the price of political turmoil, deep divisions in the West -- here and abroad --and the emergence of a strong minority, led by mostly elites, who simply wish it all to fail.

Whether this influential, snarling minority -- so prominent in the media, on campuses, in government, and in the arts -- succeeds in turning victory into defeat is open to question. Right now the matter rests on the nerve of a half-dozen in Washington who are daily slandered (Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rice, Wolfowitz), and with brilliant and courageous soldiers in the field. They are fighting desperately against the always-ticking clock of American impatience, and are forced to confront an Orwellian world in which their battle sacrifice is ignored or deprecated while killing a vicious enemy is tantamount to murder.


I still think the 3,000 innocent people dead by the Islamicists deserve more respect. We argued about going. We went. The USA must stand with resolve in this fight to save civilization.

23 Praise:

Blogger prepaid credit card00, a true friend said...

Cool blog. I dig your site outline and I plan on
returning again! I just love finding blogs like this
when I have the time.
You must peep out my apply for a credit card blog.

November 9, 2005 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
You must peep out my risk of plastic surgery blog.

November 16, 2005 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
Jump into my plastic surgery thailand blog.

November 16, 2005 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I surf the web looking for blogs like this one.
Your site was on point and will be back again! Awesome
blog.
Please proceed to my plastic surgery fort worth blog when you find the time.

November 19, 2005 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
I will give you access to jump to my plastic surgery prices blog.

November 20, 2005 at 12:47 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Stop by and visiit my celebrity plastic surgery blog!

November 20, 2005 at 3:22 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
Oh please, check for the blog site with my plastic surgery colorado!

November 21, 2005 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Once you sign on, check for my plastic surgery fort worth blog.

November 23, 2005 at 4:49 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
I will give you access to jump to my plastic surgery san diego blog.

November 24, 2005 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Please discover my plastic surgery procedure blog.

November 24, 2005 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Click on my bad plastic surgery blog before its to late.

November 25, 2005 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your plastic surgery detroit blog.

November 27, 2005 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
Hey son, you need to check out my plastic surgery texas blog!

November 29, 2005 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my arizona plastic surgery blog site.

December 1, 2005 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
I want you to stop and compare with my arizona plastic surgery blog.

December 4, 2005 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
Search for my atlanta plastic surgery blog, please!

December 5, 2005 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Want to see top notch work, peep my plastic surgery miami blog site for the bomb work!

December 5, 2005 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
Please discover my orange county plastic surgery blog.

December 7, 2005 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
I want you to stop and compare with my plastic surgery mexico blog.

December 8, 2005 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
Go by and hit my plastic surgery cost blog, you'll be glad you did.

December 12, 2005 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
It may look like it was hard work, but my picture of plastic surgery gone wrong blog was simple.

December 12, 2005 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
Please go over my plastic surgery kansas city blog.

December 16, 2005 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger Oh Ohio House Cleaning, a true friend said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Please discover my nm new mexico house cleaning blog.

February 9, 2006 at 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home