Monday, August 30, 2004

Protest Warrior

The Tennessean reported:

Pro-war group counters protest on Broadway


By LEON ALLIGOOD, Staff Writer

For the past two years, Women in Black, an anti-war group, has stood in the center of the Broadway viaduct, holding anti-war signs for passing drivers to read.

Yesterday, the group, which also includes men and which, as the name implies, dresses in black, had company.

A group called Protest Warrior also occupied spots on the bridge, holding pro-war signs to counter the Women in Black's silent demonstration. Protest Warrior, according to the organization's Web site, is ''fighting the left, doing it right'' and is a national organization with 50 members in Nashville.

''We're here because they're here,'' said Josh Belbeck, 27, of Nashville, referring to the anti-war protesters.

''I take my civic duty very seriously. Somebody's got to get the message out that our country needs to be protected.''

Another Protest Warrior member, Todd Malone, 35, said the war in Iraq is necessary.

''America as we know it, its very existence is threatened. The people our soldiers are protecting us against, they want to see us dead, period,'' Malone said.

All of the sudden attention was a mystery to Women in Black member Patty George.

''We don't know where they came from. One theory is that maybe we're being effective. Maybe persistence does pay off,'' she said.

Somewhere on Broadway a driver honked.

''That's for us, I'm pretty sure,'' Belbeck said.

web-0827-b-protest.jpg


And BelmontClub: says

Chicago 1968 was a radicalizing experience for young people caught up in the Leftist recruitment net. New York 2004 is more likely to be a radicalizing experience for "conservatives", I'm tempted to say, but "non-Leftists" is probably a more accurate term.
His digest of a New York Times article and link to some BBC pictures capture what's happening outside on the streets.

I predict 49 states Bush; Kerry his home state.

25 Praise:

Blogger Roy Naka, a true friend said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees dog pile. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is dog pile site/blog. It pretty much covers dog pile related stuff.

October 11, 2005 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger unixlinux, a true friend said...

Nice blog. Check out my cat tag blog.

October 18, 2005 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Smallman, a true friend said...

Your Blog. It's nice . If you ever need help on pleasing a women related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in help on pleasing a women.

November 11, 2005 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my plastic surgery miami blog

November 16, 2005 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Powerful blog. The site was incredible and will be
back again! Web surfing helps to find good blogs like
this one.
Please consider looking at my bad celebrity plastic surgery picture blog.

November 17, 2005 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I surf the web looking for blogs like this one.
Your site was on point and will be back again! Awesome
blog.
My facial plastic surgery blog, is something you need to peep out!

November 19, 2005 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
You must peep out my plastic surgery boston blog.

November 20, 2005 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery dallas blog site.

November 21, 2005 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Hey why don't you peep my plastic surgery procedure blog site.

November 22, 2005 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Please come by and see my plastic surgery picture blog.

November 27, 2005 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Super blog. I enjoyed the site and when I have the
time, shall visit the site again. Finding blogs this
good on the internet.
Look into my vaginal plastic surgery blog.

November 27, 2005 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
Go and find my male plastic surgery blog.

November 28, 2005 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my charlotte plastic surgery blog

November 29, 2005 at 2:25 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
Check out the blog site with my in it!

November 29, 2005 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Jump into my plastic surgery seattle blog.

November 30, 2005 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Check out the blog site with my liposuction plastic surgery in it!

December 1, 2005 at 2:30 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
Go and click my plastic surgery boston blog.

December 4, 2005 at 4:35 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I surf the web looking for blogs like this one.
Your site was on point and will be back again! Awesome
blog.
Go and click my bad credit plastic surgery financing blog.

December 6, 2005 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Check out my plastic surgery san francisco blog, please!

December 7, 2005 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your household bank credit card blog.

December 7, 2005 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Powerful blog. The site was incredible and will be
back again! Web surfing helps to find good blogs like
this one.
Look into my plastic surgery fort worth blog.

December 8, 2005 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
I hope you can look through my plastic surgery breast augmentation blog.

December 11, 2005 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Please go over my bad credit card blog.

December 14, 2005 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
Please come by and see my best credit card rate blog.

December 14, 2005 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Fl Florida House Cleaning, a true friend said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Go and find my ny new york house cleaning blog.

February 9, 2006 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home