Monday, October 18, 2004

Arthur's Office

Arthur left the floor and walked to his office. He walked strong and straight, after all, he was a champion rugby player in his youth. Actually, he was a star rugby player and somewhat of a ladies man. The women could not resist his star power, nor his stunning movie star looks. He was credited with capturing the hearts of several young lasses during his college days.

He wondered what he could do today? The factory and warehouse would run themselves for years before anyone found out he was missing. He liked to think that and the employees felt it was their duty to work. Arthur was smiling when he turned around and headed for the office. He didn't wear a suit anymore, just a white shirt under a pair of overalls. He kept a few ties in his office in case someone showed up in a suit. But he hated wearing ties, suits and white shirts. The only reason he wore white shirts was because he had about 25 of them at home and he wanted to wear them out and not throw them away.

On the way to the office, he spoke to the folks who handled the front. A secretary, whose main job was to answer the phone, sat near the front door. She had been with him since, just before his grandson was born. Her husband had beat her horribly during their last year of marriage. He'd been a drunk and was now a dead drunk. Drinking and driving don't mix. Someone had called and suggested he hire her. She had no skills, no work experience, and no education. When the rest of the corporations hired the skilled, or the educated and trained them, Law hired the misfits. All they had to be was sober, half way articulate, and reasonably intelligent.

Hiring sober people saved him trouble. Now he hired sober people and non-smokers. He found people grateful for their job worked harder, learned faster, and stayed longer. Everyone stayed. One fellow left when his wife graduated from Medical School with a degree in doctoring. All the "top" hospitals wooed her and she eventually left their little town for the lights in the big city. Law hadn't seen that one coming and started asking if the spouse was going to college.

The other business owners and managers of branch offices of the big corporations were puzzled that he hired so many 'down and out' people. Which he didn't, he hired the rejects from the so-called 'star' list. He knew the quality of a person can't be measured by how smart he is, how smooth talking he is, or good looking. What mattered was how the person could be trusted. Could the person be honest with himself. He was puzzled how his peers and competition never saw that measurement in people.

Everyone he hired loved him.

Sitting in his chair, Arthur knew someone would call today and want to waste his time.

21 Praise:

Blogger Sonic Chao, a true friend said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
I hope you can look through my credit card site com language en blog.

November 9, 2005 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
In my spare time I will look for your plastic surgery houston blog.

November 18, 2005 at 1:28 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
I want you to look for my plastic surgery loan blog.

November 20, 2005 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Go and find my plastic surgery procedure blog.

November 20, 2005 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery cost blog site.

November 21, 2005 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
Want to see top notch work, peep my celebrity plastic surgery photo blog site for the bomb work!

November 27, 2005 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
You got me! I will check out your bad plastic surgery blog a.s.a.p!

November 28, 2005 at 5:22 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
Go and click my blog.

November 28, 2005 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Please come by and see my wal mart credit card blog.

November 30, 2005 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
Check out the blog site with my arizona plastic surgery in it!

December 2, 2005 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
I hope you had a chance to check out my college student credit card blog.

December 3, 2005 at 1:28 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
Go and click my bad plastic surgery blog.

December 3, 2005 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Look into my charlotte plastic surgery blog.

December 5, 2005 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Come as you are and look at my plastic surgery gone bad blog.

December 6, 2005 at 1:51 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Please come by and see my plastic surgery statistics blog.

December 6, 2005 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
Please examine my american board of plastic surgery blog as soon as you can.

December 7, 2005 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Jump into my plastic surgery breast augmentation blog.

December 10, 2005 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
You must peep out my penis plastic surgery blog.

December 16, 2005 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
My plastic surgery cost blog, is something you need to peep out!

December 17, 2005 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya, a true friend said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Stop by and look at my ear plastic surgery blog site.

December 18, 2005 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Ny New York House Cleaning, a true friend said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Please go over my tn tennessee house cleaning blog.

February 9, 2006 at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home