Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Law School Trials

During her first set of finals, Annika Becker, panics and realizes that panic is just another opportunity for personal growth.

Let's analyze this and find out if her life has been a sham up until now. Well, for her to be a pretender, we'd have to ignore that she has a Masters from the top ranked university in America, if not the world, and ignore that her LSAT score qualified her to attend one of the top ranked Law Schools in California or anywhere, and ignore that she excels at every endeavor she has ever attempted. We should also ignore that she is considerate, charming, good looking, and popular with a six-pack stomach, nothing there says she is an imposter.

Now, l have no experience with law exams, but to say I haven't faced fire, brimstone, and stress would say I have had Involuntary Bulimic Syndrome (IBS) or more commonly known as Irritable Bowel Syndrom (IBS) which taught me the many meanings of discomfort in years past. It'll tear you a new one, if you know what I mean.

Besides, I suffer from panic attacks all the time. The worst was at the bakery about a year ago. Half way through the order, I heard police or fire sirens outside. I hit the floor, then realized I, let's say mildly, overreacted because the 19 year old girls behind the counter looked frightened as they stared at me.

Now, don't get me wrong, Annie isn't mocking the truly inflicted with mental disabilities, she shares with us her surprise that she found a match to challenge her abilities. And she recorded her tenacity to review later. Annie, sweetie-darling, you are doing something only 1 in a 1000 or more ever get the opportunity. Oh my gawd, what, oh what, will you do when you find out you CAN compete... Watch out world, she'll whip your ass.

Back to the bakery, I tried to explain to the girls, but how to explain something to queens of narcissism. Exactly how should I tell the children that the medication the Doctors give me doesn't always work perfectly, but I am harmless and better than I used to be. I paid, repeating 'it's OK, really" or "don't worry" then hurried out of there, never to return, with fear in my heart that they had called 911 on me.

All I can say is that "Annie girl found the challenge she sought."

And.

"You are doing what you wanted to do."

Whoa, was that harsh? I don't know, I lack empathy too.